Flower Showers

Saturday, March 9, 2013

While I've Been Fasting...

I'm a Facebooker. I love it. I love keeping up with old friends, always having something to gossip pray about, and using it as an educational tool. Here's a fun fact: if it weren't for facebook, I would literally be unaware of the existence of politics, the temperature outside, food, breast cancer, lung cancer, prostate cancer, (any of the cancers, really), the second amendment, and grumpy cats. So, when the Lenten Season arrived, it was with great trepidation that I signed off of facebook, and asked Daniel to change my password. Surely, I reasoned, I could go forty days without subjecting 210 of my nearest and dearest friends to yet another Karolina anecdote. (Yeah, I know they're obnoxious, but at least you've never seen me duckface!)

Anywho, as I'm nearing the homestretch, I've realized just how much can happen in forty days. We were robbed. Karolina started a priestly rumor. I was size-shamed at the gym. We moved. One of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse swung by for a visit. I sexually harassed a police officer.

My plan is to eventually blog each of these happenings. That's the plan, anyway; I make no promises.  Also, my blogs are formatted to link to facebook, so technically, I haven't gone back on my Lenten promise- or, relented, if you will.  (You've missed my puns most of all, right?)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Kitt, how I've missed you!! In truth, your Lenten sacrifice is painful for all of us, so we joyously welcome your thoughts here. Blog on, girl!

    ReplyDelete